Easy Dinner Recipes – Pasta Carbonara Recipe
With the unique flavor of pancetta (the famous Italian bacon), this classic pasta dish is sure to be a favorite.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 onion – chopped
- 1/4 pound pancetta – sliced
- 1 pound spaghetti or linguine noodles
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese – shredded
Container: large sauteing skillet, stock pot pasta
- Heat oil and butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and pancetta.
- Saute until onion is tender and the pancetta is starting to crisp, 7-9 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to the package directions, drain.
- Whisk egg yolks and cream together
- Add pasta to cooked onion and pancetta in pan.
- Stir in egg mixture and cheese.
- Toss to combine and heat for 5-10 more minutes.
- Serve hot.