Chef suffers burns after gas cylinder explodes in …

A chef has suffered first degree burns after a gas cylinder exploded in a hotel kitchen in Shropshire. 

Emergency services were called to the Raven Hotel in Much Wenlock shortly before 8.30am on 18 April.

Firefighters have said that the explosion was caused by a small butane cylinder, possibly a blow torch, being placed on a hot surface.

Firefighters administered first aid before the chef was taken to hospital.

Station manager Craig Jackson told the Shropshire Star: “We believe the explosion happened when a small gas cylinder came into contact with a hot surface in the kitchen area of the hotel.

“The chef was the only person in the kitchen at the time and he suffered first-degree burns to 6% of his body, on his face, hands and arms.

“The explosion caused damage to the property including windows being blown off, doors being blown off their hinges and also damage to a conservatory.”

More than 170 firefighters battle blaze at thatched hotel>>

Get The Caterer every week on your smartphone, tablet, or even in good old-fashioned hard copy (or all three!). Subscribe today and save 51%


Source link

Post Author: MNS Master

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *